Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January Updates

Happy (belated) New Year.

Any of you who check out this blog on a regular basis have probably noticed the lack of posting in it throughout the last quarter of 2011. My apologies for that. Circumstances beyond my control made it difficult, if not impossible, to make meaningful contributions to either of my blogs, but I'm resolved to return to regular postings in 2012.

Another year has come to a close, and that means I am at work on a special episode reflecting on the films released in the previous year, including a countdown of my picks of the best and worst pictures. I've been busy screening notable films from the past year that I missed during their theatrical run because they didn't get released in this area, they were pulled from theaters too quickly, or I refused to see them in the theater (Smurfs, I'm looking at you).

Because I am so busy screening films and putting together the year end wrap up, this weekend (January 15th) will see a rerun of an earlier episode. The 2011 Year End Wrap Up is planned to air January 22nd, 2012. Remember that you can find previous year end wrap ups here.

In the meantime, here are some links to other end of 2011 retrospectives from other critics:

No comments: