Sunday, July 29, 2007

Episode 150

Sunday, July 29th is the 150th episode of Maverick at the Movies. Since the show started, in May 2004, I have reviewed 382 films and played approximately 90 hours of music. It has been a privilage and a blast to do this show every week and I hope to continue.

I want to thank everyone who has supported this show, namely KMSU staff members James Gullickson and Karen Wright. I'd also like to thank fellow KMSU show hosts Nick Iverson of The Downshift, Tim Lind, and Shelley Pierce of Shuffle Function, Herb Kroon of Best of Broadway, Ton and Dustin Wilmes of The Five Count, and Bob Pavlenko of Here There Be Dragons for their assistance and support. I would also like to thank former and current Southern Minnesota News Project News Directors Melissa Specken, Julie Kroon, and Page Schuette for including my reviews as a part of their Friday newscasts. And lastly, I'd like to thank all of the listeners for supporting the show and KMSU FM for keeping us on the air and showing such support for independent radio.

As stated on the About section on the Maverick at the Movies website, the purpose of the show has been to "provide an outlet for serious discussion about film and film music . . . Maverick at the Movies is intended to open up a greater understanding of the medium, making us all better consumers." Over the past 150 episodes I hope that I have improved your movie going experience and added something unique to KMSU and the rich southern Minnesota arts and culture scene.

2 comments: